Sunday, May 27, 2012

Critical Mass for Bicycle Month

So I seem to be a Group Ride Groupie lately. To celebrate Bike Month and to honor fallen cyclists, SaltCycle organized a special edition of their Critical Mass ride (there's one every month). And since I had such a great experience at the Tweed Ride, I decided to give this one a go.

Felix pre-ride
Hi Felix!

Gathering at Gallivan

Bike Dress

Betty is ready to ride

So after Felix, a few hundred cyclists, and I gathered, we all hit the roads of SLC.

Panda lite

2nd and 2nd

Felix and I

200 South

Trolley Square


State Street

Overall, I found it to be a respectful ride--just loads of bicyclists sharing the road with cars as nature intended. It really was a lovely night to be a bicyclist in Salt Lake City.

Shades of Blue

5 comments:

caknitter said...

Fun!
And, lots of cute boys, too. ;-)

anniebikes said...

Fun. Nice dress print and teal loafers.

Heidelweiss said...

So fun! I need to come now that I'm off my epic vacay.

Jacey said...

It looks like you are having so much fun. They should have given a best dressed prize. You would have won, with your bicycle dress!

Erin said...

You should start a SLC bicycle gang. Of which you are the queen. (Obviously)