Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tweedy Birds

So I feel the obligation to make note of my sporadic blogging of late. Do I have a good excuse? Not really. I think I just needed to take a little breather. But I think the break has been broken and I will be back around these parts more often.

On May 12, Salt Lake City had their first tweed ride. And you can bet your sweet bippy that Adelaide and I were there. Don't worry, Betty Foy wasn't left home to sulk, my BFF Jaimi rode her to the event. So I had all my favorite girls there.

Kara and Jaimi with some of the classiest bikes at the ride
Photo by Andrew Smith

And then more fabulous friends arrived. First off, Felix...

The third bow tie of the evening
Photo by Andrew Smith

And Brooks and his dapper boys...

Photo by Felix

Photo by Me

And new friends from SaltCycle.org...

Pre-ride group, socializing
Photo by Zachary Pina
The group congregates and socializes
Photo by Andrew Smith
Then came the most important part of the evening, the ride. About 60 of us hit the streets of downtown SLC as fabulous Tweedy Bike Brigade.

Kara & Mark, on two Pashleys
Photo by Andrew Smith
Jaimi & argyle socks
Photo by Andrew Smith
Photo by Me
Photo by Me
SLC Tweed Ride
Photo by Felix
Jaimi and I own Main Street
Photo by Me
Photo by Felix
SLC Tweed Ride
Photo by Felix

We definitely caused a stir downtown. People did not know what to make of us. But they got out their camera phones to record this Old Fashioned Bike Flash Mob and we just rang our bells. 

All in all, it was a grand ole time full of fashion, friends, and of course, bicycles. Looking forward to when the Tweed-ites hit the streets of SLC again. 


Photo by Felix
Photo by Felix

Oh, and PS...I may have won the best-dressed lady award.

SLC Tweed Ride
Photo by Felix
Just may have.

Many thanks to SaltCycle.org for hosting one lovely event. See you in the fall.

Most pictures in this post are taken from the Tweed Ride flickr set created by saltcycle.org. Attribution of the photographer is acknowledge below the photo. I do not own those images.

21 comments:

Johanna said...

This is pretty cool! And I do love your outfit!
I would have loved to have seen the Tweedy Bike Brigade out on the streets! Those little boys' outfits are adorable, lol!

Windybrook Spinner said...

What a fabulous event! You all look amazing.

caknitter said...

Yay! Congratulations on the Best-dressed Lady Award.
Looks like a great time was had by all. :-)

Judy-May said...

I have to say that you and your friends look absolutely DIVINE! And your bunting matches the tweed style. How perfect?

anniebikes said...

Kara - Love your friend's outfit too. Argyle socks with tweed pants and argyle vest - love it!

AnnaPrasad said...

Oh I love the idea of the Tweed Bike Ride. And you look fabulous!

Jax+Puzzle said...

You guys are too adorable - love the outfits!! And Betty Foy and Adelaide fit right in. Looks like an amazing time :-)

Laurel said...

mercy me! Are you kidding me?

I think you just convinced me to buy a bike.

I'm in in the fall...i'm serious.

LOVE THIS.

(and you are SO the best dressed!)

Snowcatcher said...

What a cool event! The closest I've ever come to anything like that is a night ride in which most but not all riders ride in costume, but all bikes are lit up to the hilt. This is such a cool idea! I hope it sweeps the nation! (You certainly should win Best-Dressed Lady!)

Erin said...

This whole thing is just FAB. You guys all look amazing. So fun!

Jacey said...

Super, super fun! You are too adorable for words!

lisa said...

You guys looked amazing! Your outfit was perfect- I can see why you won! I love going to costume bike parties but they have always been whatever-crazy-getup-you-find (which is fun, of course) but I love how dapper everyone looks for this one. I hope we have one in PHX! Your bikes are beauts too...

Carolyn said...

Oh my gosh! You look amazing! (it's no wonder that you won best dressed woman!)

AliceAcademic said...

Incredible. That seems like so much fun!

inspiredcyclist said...

Kara, you look adorable. What fun!

Adam and Bri said...

i'm obsessed with these pictures.

oh, and you. i'm obsessed with you.

Chantal Boucher said...

So cool!

Rachele Alpine said...

Salt Lake City does the coolest things! I think I'm living in the wrong place! You all looked so cute too! How fun!

Dottie said...

Fabulous tweed ride style What a perfect hat, suit, boots, bicycle - everything!

Sue said...

Kara, I'm catching up with all my blog reading and this is just amazing. You look absolutely gorgeous and it looks like you had so much fun. As always your blog posts make me smile ear to ear.

ali said...

so freaking cool! You guys look great, and I really love your hat!