Monday, June 25, 2012

Got my jewelry pegged

So over the years, I've amassed a lot of jewelry. Like, I-could-give-the-Queen-of-England-a-run-for-her-money a lot. But when one has so many baubles and trinkets there's seems to be a problem of where to put them all, so they ended up being stuffed in several different jewelry boxes and even a dresser drawer. And as the saying goes, "out of sight, out of mind", which means I did not get around to wearing a lot of them. 


So it was time to organized. With the help of my awesome brother-in-law, Adam, we installed a peg board in my bedroom to hang and display a lot of my jewels. 


Got my jewelry pegged

So why a peg board? I just really love the idea of having something typically masculine displaying something pretty feminine. Instead of bolts, I have bangles. Instead of hammers, necklaces. Instead of screwdrivers, beads. On top of that, it's super functional and holds a lot.

Pretty necklaces all in a row
Fun necklaces on display
Chain, chain, chain

One of my favorite features are these little baskets that hold my big bangle bracelets. How cute is that?

Bangled

So there you have it, my weekend project. I am super pleased about it. The only hard part now is choosing what to wear first.

Jewelry Peg Board

17 comments:

Adam and Bri said...

oh! so pretty.

Kat said...

What a cool idea! I have a fabric covered pin board holding my necklaces but it is getting a bit small. I just wish I had a wall I could hang it on. Instead it is hiding in my cupboard on top of my chest of drawers.

Jodi said...

I love it! Pegboards actually remind me of Julia Childs rather than handy dads (my father uses boring metal shelves and puts small parts in old peanut butter jars -- a pegboard would be pretty fancy for him).

I'm also getting some serious jewelry envy. :)

my hyggelig said...

That is a great idea. I have jewelry issues and keep ignoring them. I may have to do a version of this. I am thinking smaller and covered in fabric to dress it up. Thanks for sharing.

Jacey said...

I covet the owl necklace! I love this display. It's a great way to enjoy all of those trinkets!

Chancy said...

Great idea! And it looks so awesome filled up with all your jewelry.

Erin said...

Looks so FAB. Can't wait to see it in person.

Laurel said...

you have basically set up a little jewelry store...and I love it...and I"ll be right over to borrow.

xoxo

Stacy said...

I LOVE IT! Looks great and so very practical!

caknitter said...

Love this idea!

anniebikes said...

I love earrings, yet have them stashed in two little boxes only to have them crammed and stuck to each other. I've yet to find a solution to this problem. Maybe a tiny peg board like the one you constructed...

Jessie K said...

Cute! I especially love the basket for your bracelets.

I've been wanting to put a peg board up in my sewing room for ages. Hmm. Weekend project?

Lap Dog Knits said...

oh so clever...

you DO have a bit of bling...
all so pretty

inspiredcyclist said...

Such a great idea! I bet you will now find yourself wearing more of a variety! TFS!

knitseashore said...

So cool Kara!! Now you can enjoy some of your necklaces all over again.

Loved your post on the Golden Gate Bridge trip!!

sara said...

Nice post about jewelry i like it.

lisa said...

I love this idea and especially the bangle baskets :)