Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Lost Year

It has been 1 year, 5 months, and 19 days since my last blog confession. Forgive me.

Obviously a lot has happened since the last post. I did make the move to NYC. Not only am I still here, but this city and I have taken quite a shine to each other.

After my move, I jumped right in. Honestly, that's the big reason I wasn't blogging--I was out exploring. (And boy, did I find me some adventures.) Of course, the more time that passed, the more overwhelming it was to write a "catch-up" post. Then it got to the point where it was just plain embarrassing to show my face after such an absence. My only hope is that we've gone so far passed that stage that we've circled back to "What a delightful surprise!" No?

So in lieu of trying to fill you guys in on the past year, let's just move forward (although I'm sure some tidbits from the last 17 months will resurface in future posts). Not sure if anyone is still out there, but if you are, THANK YOU. I hope to make it worth your time to check in on my little corner of the world.

So let me just reach behind the old blog here and press that teeny, tiny red reset button. Look at that--all systems are a go.

Bike

17 comments:

danaandthread said...

Welcome back :) happy to see you in my feedly.

JujuBean said...

Huzzah! Double Huzzah! I'm not sure if that's a thing, but it's accurate. :)

Jax+Puzzle said...

Yay! You and Betty fit right in. So glad you are back!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

So glad to see your post pop up in my feeder. I have been wondering about you and Adelaide. I love NYC , so much to explore and I am so glad to see it is treating you well! I look forward to hearing about your adventures.

CelticCastOn said...

I was just thinking about you the other day!
Glad to know you're still kickin :)

Chantal Boucher said...

Yéé! Welcome back!! Happy to hear you again!

Melissa said...

So happy to see you pop up in my feed!

Windybrook Spinner said...

So good to see a post from you! I'm glad you are happy in NYC.

Amander N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amander N said...

Yes! I would love to have you blog about all of your fun times in NYC. Or just random thoughts. Or whatever.

Stephanie B said...

Nice surprise to see you show up in my blog feed. Life does change that is for sure but it will be nice to see what craftiness you are up to amid my crazy kid filled day!

Lap Dog Knits said...

you look adorable and I'm so happy you have returned….new york agrees with you….please share your adventures!!!

Red Heart said...

Yay! Kara, welcome back!

Sueloops said...

So happy, and relieved, that you have blogged again Kara and to know life is good for you in New York. I can't tell you how many times I checked Knitting Lemonade to see if you had posted anything there. I thought we had lost you!!

Anonymous said...

Your purse matches your Betty Foy

Steph K said...

Yay!

anniebikes said...

Welcome back, Kara. I've missed you. Enjoy your NYC exploration and feed us some tidbits when you are ready. You are soooo right to just move forward.